Do you ever feel like you are just always playing catch up? Whether it pertains to the dishes, dusting, cleaning children, laundry (especially laundry), etc. Throughout my time as a mother I often feel this way. Then I remember how those who have gone on this journey before me have told me, "enjoy it. Time goes by so fast." Then I look at our life and I feel as though time has been on fast forward. I want to enjoy my days. Even the laundry.
To do this I have tried to incorporate my kids into my daily tasks. Today, for instance, Levi helped me with laundry. Did it take longer? YES. Did I enjoy it more? YES. The look on his face with each piece he handed to me was priceless. He knew he was being a big helper and he found joy in that. That is my goal. To instruct our children on the ways of life and to find joy in it. Our Lord says in Colossians 2:23, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord."
So, from here on I will try to find joy even in the monotonous duties I must perform. Key word is 'try' because I definitely still have those days where I feel as though I will never catch up. I still struggle to avoid complaining. Keep me accountable.
Here is our Little Pumpkin Abigail sweeping. One of her favorite things to help me with. Although to be honest sometimes I feel like instead of her running the vacuum, it is in control of her :)
After helping me with the laundry, Levi decided to wear Brooklyn's sweatshirt. Pretty handsome in pink!
No comments:
Post a Comment