Truth be told, I never thought I would want to be a stay at home mom when I was younger. Then came Gabriel. My heart discovered the desire to stay at home with my child. However, this was not possible at the time, so I continued to work in a career I love. Child after child after child my desire grew, but I knew that it was not the right time. I needed to wait patiently for God's timing. Thankfully, I found joy in the waiting.
For eight of those years I worked weekends as a nurse in the ER. Eight years of sacrificing my weekends so that I could be at home during the week. Yet, I was so thankful to our Lord for providing me a job that I am so passionate about. I long to help others. I always have. Being a nurse is perfect for that. I developed a passion and joy for taking care of others. I found joy in the waiting.
Was I joyful all that time? Truth be told, no. I went through times where I was jealous of my stay at home friends. I had so many nights where I cried the whole way to work. My heart longing to be at home with my family, to dry their tears, kiss them goodnight, comfort them when they were sick. But, God kept teaching me about joy. Finding joy in the waiting. Such a hard lesson to learn. I would pray as I entered the hospital. Prayer is powerful. God changed my heart and allowed me to be filled with joy as I entered those doors (most of the time:) ).
I am happy to say I am now a stay at home MOMMY! Of course I will still work PRN in the ER (it is in my blood and I can honestly say I still love it), but I now have my weekends with my loves. This was my first official weekend at home. Here are just a few of those things we did :)
Cowboy Levi. Giddy up!
My kids could not believe that I could be home ALL weekend! Waking up on Sunday morning and making pancakes, going to church, relaxing at home. Oh the joy! Did I mention I feel so much more rested? All 6 of us together, at home, all weekend. Praise be to the Lord for helping me through the years so that I could make it to this stage in life. Thanks to Tom, my wonderful husband that has allowed me to do this. Love you Babe!
Of course I also had time to make Monkey Munch. Yummm.
Congratulations!! Your family is beautiful, I can't believe how much Gabriel looks like Tom did when we were little. Hope you have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!!!
ReplyDelete