Saturday, October 4, 2014

Seven Years Old and Counting!


How come 7 just seems so much older than 6?  It is so bittersweet to see our babies growing up.  I love the new stages and journeys that come with growing up, but I also look into the eyes of our kids and remember the stages past.  How I have loved each one! (minus potty training-I will NEVER love that!)  I remember Brooklyn as a baby, how sweet, quiet, cuddly, and warm.  As a toddler she was strong, loving, had a gentle nature, and was so funny.  Then as a preschooler we saw into how her mind worked.  So detailed in nature.  Now as a 1st grader we are watching our Brookie Bee blossom.  She is coming out of her shell and it is so beautiful to witness :)

Here are some pictures of our 7 year old!!



She decided on a chocolate cake with a snowflake design.  Yummy!


So happy that their Uncle Brian was able to come and spend the day with us!  Love you Brian!


For her birthday we decided to take her out to dinner, just Tom and I.  When we asked her where she wanted to eat we had to tell her it couldn't be fast food.  Her reply, "well, what else is there?"  Lol!  Our kids are kinda sheltered in that regards :)  I described different places and Applebee's won.  She was hilarious the whole dinner, talking with foreign accents and making my eyes water.  It amazed me how she was so carefree.  Not a worry in the world, and for Brookyn that is huge.


 After dinner we took her to buy some headbands and a piece of jewelry.  She just kept staring at the earrings.  So, I looked at her and asked if she wanted to get them pierced.  Her eyes got huge as she said "YES!"  So, spur of the moment, she did.  So proud of how she handled it.

 

Brooklyn, you are smart, funny, loving, detailed, soft spoken, and tender hearted.
You are beautiful inside and out.
But, when you get on that soccer field you are fierce and determined.  Nothing can stop you!
I look at you and see so much of myself!
We pray that you continue to follow God's path for you, to listen to Him first.  May you grow in your love for the Lord.  You are fearfully and wonderfully made!

No comments:

Post a Comment