Tuesday, April 19, 2016

My Grandfathers..


 When I look at our boys I cannot help but see both of my grandfathers.  Little pieces of them that have trickled through a generation and are still alive.  This brings me comfort.  Joy.  Only I wish that they were still here to take them in.  All their boyishness and tenderness.  I have found that this month especially I have been thinking of those two men with longing.  Maybe it's because April 13th was the anniversary of my Grandpa Addison's passing, or maybe it is because as our boys grow I see more and more of their characteristics appear.



This little one reminds me so much of my Grandpa Stump.  I look at L and can see him.  The way he smiles and tries to get others to laugh.  His mischievousness.  Oh how I miss him.  I want L to continue to love life.  To laugh.  To live fully.

I learned a lot from Grandpa "Stumpie".  He taught me to be there for others.  To fight through the hard times and find joy there.  To take time to laugh.  I pray that our little ones learn this from me.


Then there is this kiddo.  When I look at GB I see Grandpa Addison.  Everything from his desire to learn to his love of vanilla ice cream.  He is strong, he is determined, and he seeks to know more in whatever he is studying.  He has a love for science and history.

Grandpa Addison was like a rock.  A rock that was strong for his family because of his heart for God.  He worked hard and loved great.  I am so thankful that he was around to see his first two grandchildren.  I grieve that he is not here to see them grow.  From him I learned to put God first.  To trust in Him.  To fully rely on God, no matter what.  My heart for others and for my family comes from this man.


I pray that these boys grow to be men like them.  Full of integrity and grace.  Honest and kind.  That when they make mistakes they learn from them and are not afraid to admit when they are wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing tribute and testimony. Thank you for sharing the legacy and letting others pray.

    ReplyDelete