This woman right here. My Momma. The Grandma of our children.
I have learned so much from her over the years. She carried me for nine months, swaddled me, changed me, nursed me, and gently guided me over the years helping me to become the mother and woman that I am today. I cannot thank her enough for her unconditional love, her encouraging words, her direction, and her love for our Lord. She might not have always been happy with me (especially when I rolled my eyes- yes I was really good at it), but she always let me know she was there. I love you Christine Addison!
I used to think when I was younger that when I became a mother I would change some things. I would handle situations differently. Now, as a mother of four of my own, I realize that I often find myself thinking, "how would my mom have handled this." It is true, I have in so many ways, become my mother. And I am happy about that.
I just pray that God would continue to mold and grow my relationship with our girls. Their hearts are tender and vulnerable and young. They seek the Lord and all that is good. There are so many days when I feel overwhelmed with the thought of having so much impact in their lives. Am I showing them enough love, enough grace? Am I disciplining them appropriately? Do they know the depths of the love God has for them? Are they practicing giving thanks?
![]() |
| Photo Credit: Phillip Reese |
This week I have been trying to be more thankful throughout my day. As Abigail reminded me, "when we are thankful, we have more joy." They are listening!! Now, I must remember and choose to give thanks daily because they are always watching. I am a mother who makes so many mistakes, but thankfully I have very forgiving children and an even more forgiving God.
![]() |
| Photo Credit: Phillip Reese |
Motherhood is hard. So very hard. But it is beautiful. So very beautiful.
Lord help me to be the mother that you want me to be.




No comments:
Post a Comment