My great-grandma Stump's blanket is across my lap. I am wrapped up in it as I type. This was the last blanket she made and I treasure it. It is multicolored, made from the yarn she used for countless other blankets. There is a story, a person, behind every color. As I look at it I imagine her hands working as she crocheted this with such love. This is goodness. It keeps me warm on those chilly days and somehow I feel her hugs as I snuggle into it.
Here are Tom and Brooklyn peacefully napping under this precious blanket.
Levi in hats. So cute! I get to see him in those cute hats all winter long. Today he so desperately wanted to walk to get the mail with his Daddy. So, what did he shout as he was leaving the house? "Look, my hat Mommy!" Another peak at the goodness surrounding me. Watching Tom and Levi walk down the quarter mile lane. Talking, smiling. I cherish these moments.
Cuddles with my girls. As the morning was a little chilly, they cuddled up beside me. Of course we cuddle in the summer too, but there is just something about a chilly morning cuddled up with my girls that makes my heart smile. Goodness.
This afternoon I looked out the windows and witnessed Gabriel with his Grandad on the gator. They were off to clear brush, something that is often done around this time of year. He was dressed in his Carhartts, ready to work hard and without complaint. Tom, my dad and father-in law are great examples to Gabriel of what a hard working man looks like. I am so thankful for these men and their impacts in the lives of our children. Such goodness.

No comments:
Post a Comment