Sunday, September 13, 2015

Fairs and Festivals and the Pain That Goes With Them.

So many of you know that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.  I was diagnosed at a young age and have thankfully been doing pretty well.  That is until the last couple of weeks.  I know that at this time of year my symptoms get worse, and the pain increases.  It is hard to get out of bed in the morning and some days I just want to stay there.  But that is not an option for me.  So, I will myself out of bed so that I can be present in my kids' lives.

It is also that time of year for festivals and fairs.  Of which I love to go!  So, I do.  It hurts, but I do it.  I do it so that I can see the joy on my kids' faces, enjoy the food, and to capture those moments with my hubby.

This is the first Labor Day Weekend that I didn't have to work in the last 9 years!!  What a joy it was to spend the whole weekend with family and friends.  Ok, so I did go in on Labor Day to work the night shift, but I still got to watch our kids in the Fun Run that morning.  

Gabriel came in 2nd place in the mile race.  He might have had an asthma attack at the end, but he made it to the finish line!  This kid is tough!


Brooklyn came in 4th!  I love to watch this girl run.  Her stride is long, her hair flowing, and her spirit free.


Then came Abs in 6th place!  As soon as she crossed the finish line she smiled and said, "I ran the whole way!"  This girl has fight in her.  I loved watching her arms will herself to the finish line.


This was also the first Covered Bridge Festival weekend that I didn't have to work in the last 9 years!!  So, we took advantage of that and took off for a day of fun.  I hurt, oh boy did I hurt, but I focused on watching our kids and imprinting those faces in my memory.

Gabriel was drawn to the machines.  I love watching how his mind works.  It never seems to slow down, almost like it never runs out of fuel.  This can be exhausting and awesome.



What can I say about this man except I am smitten.  I love how he loves our kids.  So thankful that I get to enjoy life along side of him.




2 comments:

  1. You are an awesome person and I admire you for what you deal with. I also admire my daughter-in-law, Haley. She deals with 6 kids (2 with autism and 1 with Tourette's) and also with my son, Scott. I admire her so much. Judy Carter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you Judy. She is a great mom!

    ReplyDelete