I am a recovering perfectionist. That is what I call myself. I used to HAVE to have my house clean, organized, and in order. If we were going to have company the house would be perfect. Then I had children. Lots of children. With each one I have learned more and more about letting that go. I have learned what matters more to me. That is that my kids KNOW and experience my love. Then in return, I am usually blessed by them.
So this week, I actively made sure they knew that. I put aside my desire to do loads of laundry, steam mop my floor, etc. I put down the cleaning supplies and I invested in them. I cuddled more, laughed often, read more books than I like to, and just watched. I watched the joy in their eyes as they got in their sleeping bags, or when they found "sparkling rocks." I know that I can't always do this, I mean stuff has to get done, but it was nice to take a break this week.
The older three all have small tents of their own. They spent a lot of the week playing in them, and enjoying the outdoors.
So this week, I actively made sure they knew that. I put aside my desire to do loads of laundry, steam mop my floor, etc. I put down the cleaning supplies and I invested in them. I cuddled more, laughed often, read more books than I like to, and just watched. I watched the joy in their eyes as they got in their sleeping bags, or when they found "sparkling rocks." I know that I can't always do this, I mean stuff has to get done, but it was nice to take a break this week.
The older three all have small tents of their own. They spent a lot of the week playing in them, and enjoying the outdoors.
Movie Night!!
Brooklyn is playing U10 Soccer this year and is loving it. We bumped her up to the next league and I think she is doing pretty well. She loves soccer!
The day before school started we spent the day at the State Fair. Daddy wasn't able to come, but Grandpa joined us!
Abigail cracks me up here!! She didn't want any help getting her face in the hole :)
Levi couldn't get enough of the animals. He practically layed on the cow and stuck his fingers in the lambs' mouths. He would have spent the whole day with them.
Those boys.....
No comments:
Post a Comment