Thursday, January 23, 2014

Finding joy in the little things.



     So this past year my goal was to try and put aside my perfectionist tendencies more so that I could spend more time just enjoying my family.  I am making a conscious effort to observe my children more, listen to them laugh instead of telling them they are too loud, join in the dance party, give them more cuddles, and build more forts (while inside I may be thinking oh the mess).  I have always loved spending time with our kids, but now I am finding myself having even more fun and just relaxing more.   2013 was a fantastic year!
     Don't get me wrong, I still struggle with this, like when I catch myself raising my voice, or when I  compare myself to other mom's, thinking how do they have it all together, etc.  But then I remind myself that I AM the perfect mother for our four kids.  God put us together for a reason.   The dishes may pile up, the laundry may sit unfolded for days, but my kids know that they are my priority. 
     I was cuddling with all four of them yesterday and I literally felt like my heart would explode it was so joyful.  God has gifted us with these kids and they are the best gifts I have ever received.  So, here are some of my favorite times from the past couple of weeks!


 Abigail went to the dentist for the first time!!!  She did wonderful and even let them take all the x-rays.  Such a big girl!




Who wouldn't just love this smile? :)
 
 Levi really enjoys being in just a diaper because he can chew on arms and toes :)


What a sweetheart Brooklyn is.  Speaking such tender loving words to her baby brother.  When I look at them it takes me back to when I used to hold my brother Kyle when he was a baby :)


Gabriel and Brooklyn have really enjoyed their extra play time during all the school closings; including leg wrestling, creating plays, as well as building a boat and exploring the world.  I am so glad they love to use their imaginations!


 Abigail asked if I needed help with anything, so she kept Levi entertained while I got lunch ready.


 And of course, Little Man turned 7 months old!!!  Love those smiles.



3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I hope I can be as chill as you when I have four kids! And, your house always seems neat to me. Love the giant smile in the last photo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Laura! I am sure you will do great with multiple kids :)

      Delete
  2. Such good insight Kelli. Seriously, these are precious times. I often look at Paisley and think, "Man, the time has flown by!" :)

    ReplyDelete