Thursday, April 2, 2015

Out with Winter, but not out with the joy had.

So, we had a pretty good winter, but are SO glad that warmer weather is on the horizon.  The kids are ready to be out and about with no coats on, as am I!  Now when the kids start bickering I can send them out without worrying about them getting too cold!

As I look back on the past couple of months, I am reminded how thankful I am for our kids' health, my loving husband (and great Daddy), and the land on which we live.  There have been super long days, petty little sibling fights, days of exhaustion, but also much love and laughter.  

Here is a glimpse.....

There have been many a battle fought.  Some ended in tears, some in victory cheers.


 Wearing a necklace and tutu you ask?  Why yes, I am.  I have 2 older sisters!


What is a movie party without your blanky and stuffed loved ones?


"I did it!"   Levi was so proud of himself for going to get a bowl (from the tupperware cabinet) and cereal.  Needless to say, only about 5 cheerios made it in the bowl.  I may or may not have fallen asleep on the couch for 5 minutes....


Oh, a hunting I will go.


A love between a Daddy and his girls is fierce and beautiful.


 This picture sums it up.  Daddy is hilarious!



Well, our family walk to Old Mother Walnut on our property started out fun, but ended up a little muddy for L.  :)  Whoops, straight to the bath this one goes!  I love being able to explore nature with our kids.  These times are cherished and I hope to make them more frequent.  Being able to share in their excitement of treasures found and things unearthed is therapy to my soul.


 I choose to remember the joy in those winter days, the loving hugs from our children, and the warmth of our house.  I try not to dwell on the bickering of littles, the brutal cold, the sometimes seeming  never ending days.  Thank you Lord for our friends and family.  They truly help get this mother of 4 and chronic fatigue through even the longest days.

No comments:

Post a Comment